Saw a discussion on r/NFL earlier regarding Eli Manning, and whether or not he should make it into the Hall of Fame. He’s definitely a unique case.
Now, as Eagles fans, we are a bit biased. But we played this gooberface twice a year, and got a good sense for who he was as a quarterback. So…
Let’s start with the pro-HOF argument
- 2 Super Bowl wins over Tom “I literally make out with my children” Brady
- Started a ludicrous 210 games in a row (3rd all time)
- 366 passing tuddies, 7th all time
- 4 Pro Bowls
- Peyton Manning’s brother
- Best Giants quarterback of all time (I think this matters to oldass HOF voters)
Now, the anti-HOF argument
- .500 record all time
- Threw 244 interceptions and made the ‘durr’ Eli face every single time
- No one ever said or thought “oh fuck my team has to play Eli Manning this week”, except maybe some fat white people in Boston, in which case the sentence was actually “oh fawk my evil cheating team has to play Eli Mannin’ dooood”
- Was never a Top-5 Quarterback in his whole career.
So what do you guys think?